Friday, December 24, 2010

Birthing

"It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out...."

That's the way Snoopy always started out when he tried to write. A good intro is important. And so is the very first sentence. So if it was good for Snoopy, well I hope some of it rubs off on me.

I'm getting a head start on my New Year's resolutions (for 2011) by starting this blog. I was inspired to do this by blogs done by my nephew and niece. They do a great job and so do their friends.

Every year since I left Ohio, I have been doing an "Annual Highlight" letter that I include in my Christmas cards (because I got tired of hand writing all the same stuff). I always ended up doing it at the last moment which made getting my cards to the post office an exercise in anxiety (not to mention speeding and protection by my guardian angel).

This past year (2010), I thought it would be beneficial to keep a running list of "highlights" so I wouldn't leave out anything (like my first experience at Monster Truck Jam in 2009). Alas, I didn't make it past April. So let's hope I'm more successful with this blog. My nephew updates his Miracles blog once a week.

It somehow seems appropriate to start on Christmas Eve. A time of new beginnings.

So, I'm sorry if this seems like a lame post, but there has got to be a starting place. "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...."

No comments:

Post a Comment