Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Me and my Dad. Kitchen at Warren Road. ClevO.

My Dad died less than a year after Richard was born. I learned a lot from my Dad (but not hair cutting). And I learned a lot about my Dad after Richard was born. Suddenly, a lot of things about my Dad became much clearer to me.  Thanks for all that you taught me Dad.

Me and Richard (flowers by Lynn).

I spent much of the afternoon with Richard. He was in one of those moods. You know, the kind when you've have two teeth yanked out, your gums cut open and stitched up, and you can't eat hardly anything, at least not the good stuff.

We tried to play mini-golf at a place in Simsbury. First time for us but I had a coupon. But it didn't really work out. They had a Blue theme and even colored the water the kind of blue that is in your toilet. Richard found all the fountains to be annoying (too loud).

After a quick lunch at Boston Market (mac-n-cheese and meatloaf cut into tiny bits), we went to an indoor glow-in-the dark place with a nice soothing atmosphere of dance music and strange colors that jumped out of the dark. He liked that better and we ended with a tie score. See the picture at the left (Richard is in the lower right corner).

When we got back to Lynn's place, the weather was so delightful, the three of us took a walk around the block (the long way - for about 45+ minutes). By then, the rain delay for the Indians game was over. We watched the last 3 innings and saw the Tribe win on a dramatic 3 run homer for a sweep of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Yeahh!!

I really appreciate all the cards I received for Father's Day (plus the email from my brother). I taped the cards to my door so I can see them (see picture below-do you see yours?). It is a real pick me up. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment