Sunday, June 12, 2011

Richard Wins Again!

The Winner and Champion!
In a previous post, I mentioned Richard's fondness for the game, Monopoly. Yesterday, the weather was ideal for playing: rainy. And so I accepted Richard's challenge. Unfortunately for me, my strategy of trying to prevent Richard from acquiring all the properties of a single color did not work. He quickly acquired 3 of the 4 railroads. I lost track of the number of times I had to pay him $100 rent when I landed on a railroad property. Ironically, a train was my playing piece.


But the deciding factor was Richard's ability to acquire both Boardwalk and Park Place and erect a hotel on each. Somehow, I survived my first "visit" to Boardwalk ($2,000 "rent" - see the picture above). I was ready to concede at that point but Richard urged me on. So we continued for a while longer until the inevitable happened: I landed on Boardwalk again. The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment