Thursday, June 27, 2013

Politics and the Bible

Cover of the book.
One of the organizations I support is Alliance Defending Freedom. In one of their recent magazine issues, I spotted a picture that showed a book with a title that intrigued me: Politics-According To The Bible by Wayne Grudem.  When I started to research it, I found a website containing MP3 files of a series of lectures (classes) that he did while he was preparing the book and shortly after its publication. The lectures apparently correspond with the chapters of the book - so it's something like a rough draft of an audio version of the book (I suppose).

Wayne is something a conservative Republican Christian so while I tend to agree with his position on many things, there are quite I few that I see differently. Still, it has been interesting to listen to these. I think I am about 2/3 finished. I saved the MP3 files to my computer and burned them to a CD so I could listen while driving to/from work.  They are generally 40-60 minutes long.

If you are interested in a Christian perspective of politics, this is a rewarding place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment