Friday, June 7, 2013

T-Rex in the sun

Lately, I have found that listening to T-Rex while driving in the summer-like sun has a magical effect. The music is SO appropriate for some reason.


Somehow I found myself listening a lot from the "first" T-Rex album (T-Rex/Electric Warrior) plus some singles. This is the basic play list for driving around in the sun:
  • 20th Century Boy
  • Ride a White Swan (see clip below)
  • Hot Love
  • Raw Ramp/Electric Boogie
  • Jeepster
  • T-Rex/Electric Warrior album
My affair with T-Rex goes back quite a while. Not sure how it started. Probably Ringo Starr's interest in "T-Rexstasy" and his filming the "Born to Boogie" documentary film as well as Ringo's photo credit for the cover of the 2nd T-Rex album, "The Slider."

If you looked at my record collection (as in vinyl LPs) from back in the days (now stored in boxes), you'd be surprised at the number of T-Rex albums.



No comments:

Post a Comment