Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sunset Tour (Cedar Hill)


Photo by Katie Jackson

This evening (6:30 p.m. start) was my second tour at Cedar Hill Cemetery. (See my post about my first tour in July). This evening's theme was "Sunset." The idea was that the tour would finish at the top of one of the hills in time to view the sunset. And basically, that is what happened.

I had to leave work promptly at 5 p.m., go home and change clothes, and drive to the cemetery. Just made it in time (no speeding).

Foolishly, like last time, I did not take notes nor take pictures. Instead, I just soaked it all in. Some of the graves we visited included:
Mark Howard's pyramid tomb.
(I took this picture in Oct 2015)

Of course, there were others (it was a 90 minute tour) but I have no notes. All-in-all, a fascinating and pleasant evening. Good sunset too.

From the CHF Facebook site. I am on the left (back to camera).

------------------------------------------------------------
Links:

http://www.cedarhillcemetery.org
http://cedarhillfoundation.org/notable-residents/general-griffin-stedman

-----------------------------------------------------------
Written Friday 27 November 2015 (a good time to catch up a bit).
Added FB pic August 13, 2016 (Sat).

No comments:

Post a Comment