Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fall Reflection

Artwork on coffee cup.

This morning I got out somewhat early (7 a.m.-ish) and walked the few blocks into the town center to our local outlet of the "great" coffee retailer. Actually, I'm not that crazy about their coffee because either my taste buds have significantly dulled over the years (truly) or their coffee has become blander in an effort to become more widely accepted (more likely).

Anyway, I was impressed with the artwork on the cup (see above). I realize it's not the best scan but I just wanted to get it done, Obviously, the art is in honor of the beginning of Fall aka Autumn (earlier this week). Did you get up at 4:30 a.m. to welcome it? Not me.

The only reason I went to this store is because I received a gift card for my birthday earlier this year from one of my sisters. I am trying to use it up before my next birthday. Got about one cup left on the card (Thank God).

At one time (once upon a time), it was a treat to get this coffee but now there are outlets just about everywhere. They even sell it at work (and you can buy it in the grocery store).  When I first encountered it, it reminded me of a unique-ish sort of French Roast. But whatever type I've bought from our local store always tastes bland. I wonder if they put different names out to just make you THINK you are getting something different (but only brew one type).

Anyway, Happy Autumn (Fall)!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn
--------------------------------------------------------------
Written Saturday 26 September 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment