Saturday, October 10, 2015

Meriden Fly-In

Fly In Poster

I just love this poster (above) for the Meriden Markham Airport Fly In. I think it's the combination of colors plus the simple graphics. I got it as I was leaving the Simsbury Fly In. It irresistibly motivated my desire to attend. When it rained the entire day on Saturday October 3rd, I was disappointed, of course. But the weather on the rain date of Saturday October 10th turned out to be virtually perfect.

Aerial view of airport (looking north)(Photo courtesy of Meriden Markham Airport)

Did you notice on the above poster that this was a FREE event (including parking)? Got to love it even more. I did toss a few bucks for a donation/free will offering. Also bought a hot dog and bottle of water.

This was a pretty laid back affair compared to the Simsbury Fly-In. On the other hand, they did have several booths, a stage for various acts (e.g., singers, dancers), and several antique police and fire vehicles. What I enjoyed was just walking around looking at the various aircraft and watching the planes land and take off.












Yes. See... There really were fire trucks at the Fly In.

So long. Hope to see ya next year. Ya'll come back.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Links:

http://www.meridenmarkham.com/flyin.htm
http://ricketwrite.blogspot.com/2015/09/30th-simsbury-fly-in-and-car-show.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Written Friday 23 October 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment