Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Book: Rediscover Jesus

Front cover.

This is the book Father Hattie sent to me. I promised to read it during Lent. It is conveniently divided into 40 "chapters" so a chapter can be read each day during Lent. Most "chapters" are short: 2-4 pages or so. The entire book is 187 pages plus a few end pages at the back.

The back cover says:
"Rediscover Jesus is a profound invitation to seek deeply personal answers to our deeply personal questions. Each page seems to effortlessly reach deep into our lives, providing spiritual wisdom and practical insights that help us get to know both Jesus and ourselves in a new way."
I am not going to link to the author's website because I despise hucksters who sell Jesus.

Anyway, I'm trying to keep an open mind. You see (you know), I don't believe in an historical Jesus. However, I would like a savior. I also believe in God. I just don't comprehend Jesus as an historical incarnation of God. Doesn't make sense to me, doesn't add up.

So at the end of Lent, we will see how well this books does at getting me to "rediscover Jesus."

-------------------------------------------------
Links:
-------------------------------------------------
Written Saturday 20 February 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment