Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Sunday Latin Mass

What did I do for Easter? (This is a typical question for this time of year). Being ALONE (but not by choice-I think), my grand social activity on this penultimate Christian holy day was to sing in the Choir for the "Traditional Latin Mass"" at St. Martha Church in Enfield. I wrote about my initial experience at St. Martha at the beginning of this year. That post includes some pictures of the "church."

I didn't take any pictures at Easter because it seemed disrespectful. Usually, a number of people stay after Mass to pray. So I moved into the corridor outside the church to spend a few minutes chatting with people. There was some leftover choco birthday cake in the "hall" from a reception for the pastor.

Our little choir consists of 6 members (including the organist). I am the only man in the group. So much for tradition. Below is a list of the numbers we sang.

Organ Prelude
The Strife is Over
Vidi Aquam
Kyrie VIII (De Angelis)
Gloria VIII (De Angelis)
Sequence (by partial choir, i.e., the good singers)
Credo III
Concordi Laetitia (all 5 verses-Twice!)
Sanctus VIII (De Angelis)
Agnus Dei VIII (De Angelis)
O Sacrum Concicium (R.Remondi)
Jesus Christ is Risen Today
Organ Postlude

How good is our choir? Well, they let me "sing." Catholics love suffering.

------------------------------------------------------
Links:
http://saintmarthatlm.blogspot.com/
http://www.stmarthachurch-ct.org/home.html
http://ricketwrite.blogspot.com/2016/01/another-latin-mass.html
-----------------------------------------------------
Written Monday 28 March 2016.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Ramblin` Ret
    I can help qualify your question. ( How good is our choir?)
    Yes we Catholics love suffering, BUT your voice only adds to the Beauty of our choir.
    Happy to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete