Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving Dinner

Lynn is vegetarian and Richard is away. No family nearby. So what is one to do about a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving?

Boston Market? Why not? I have a gift card too that will cover it (thanks Mom).

Dinner from Boston Market: sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes & gravy,
corn, bread roll, turkey & gravy with a glass of sparkling apple cider.

Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip for dessert.

Lynn and I first went to St. Joseph's Cemetery to try to figure out the exact spot where her mom, Judy, is buried. The cemetery records show that she is buried to the left of Lynn's dad but we all have thought for years that Judy was buried on the right side. Lynn's aunt, Sr. Pat, gave Lynn a picture showing flowers on a new grave. At first I thought the picture confirmed that Judy was to the left but as we stood in the freezing wind today trying to match things, my best guess is that the picture is actually from Lynn's grandmother's funeral rather than Judy's. So, back to the drawing board.

We stopped at Boston Market on the way home but had to kill time in the Stop & Shop across the street while more turkey was being cooked. That gave me an opportunity to get the cider and Cool Whip. Meanwhile, Lynn found a couple of mystery books in the used book spot.

Earlier I called home and talked with my mom. They are to have dinner at my brother Kurt's home and then return to Elmhurst Drive for coffee and dessert with more family.

The day started out gray and cold but changed in the afternoon to sunny with clouds and blustery cold. Driving on the highway was tricky because the wind was pushing and tugging at my Escape.

And now as the day winds to an end, I am catching up with blog entries.

------------------------------
Written Thursday 28 November 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment