Saturday, December 12, 2020

Jericho-Rosary-Guadalupe

 The reports of election fraud have been disturbing. It is one thing to lose because the voters want something else but it another to lose due to manipulation of the process. But this is not some sudden revelation to me-during previous recent presidential elections, I read about ways that voting machines and the process could surreptitiously be manipulated to alter the vote. Also, this year's allowance for mail-in ballots was an open invitation for fraud. 

Since the election, I have been praying for a miracle that would rescue the country from the evils of the fraud. My sister, Mary Lynn, invited me to pray a novena using the Patriotic Rosary-which I did-that concluded on Tuesday December 8th, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. During that novena, I heard about another novena that was ongoing that was time to conclude on Saturday, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. An event associated with this was the Jericho March (see the Book of Joshua, Chapter 6). Another event based on prayer and fasting was Project Nineveh (see the Book of Jonah, Chapter 3).

Though there wasn't a Jericho march organized for Connecticut, I thought I might go to the State Capitol Building anyway and walk around it 7X while saying the rosary. Perhaps I would run into others who had the same idea. 

The weather turned out to be daunting: cold & drizzling. But I pressed on.

Selfie in front of the Capitol Building at the start of my walk (Noon).

There was no sign of anyone else. However, a bit later, a handful of Trump supporters arrived. They went to the sidewalk and waved flags and shouted at traffic (tilting at windmills?).

North side of the Capitol Building-I started here.

Trump supporters demonstrating at the street in front of the Capitol Building.

View of the gold dome from the NE side.

So after I did my hour walk and seven circuits, before returning to my car, I walked a short distance to the Soldiers and Sailors  Memorial Arch to take a closer look at the BLM mural painted on the street. I am amazed that the city has closed off a regular street in order to allow a political message to be painted. Astonishing.

BLM street mural photo from news.

Selfie at the end of my prayer walk.

View of the Connecticut State Capital Building
looking SW from Bushnell Park.

Postscript: While I felt somewhat triumphant at the end of the walk, the next day I was extremely depressed. I wondered why had I been the only one there to pray. Where were the others? Where were the professing Roman Catholics? So much apathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment