Sunday, April 10, 2011

GWTW

Usually, the Music for Youth concerts are held at the Pequot Library in Southport, CT. While we were in the neighborhood, we stopped in because I wanted to see a small exhibit they were showing centered around an original manuscript of the book, Gone With the Wind.

I had read an article in the March 30th (2011) edition of the NY Times about the exhibit. Although I have never read the book or seen the movie (really), it sounded like an opportunity to see something historic and unusual. It was a nice exhibit: lots of posters of various covers of the book from different countries (banned by Nazi Germany) and, of course, select pages from the typewritten manuscript. After seeing the exhibit, I am very curious about the book and its now on my "to read" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment