Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tri-C


After high school, I began my college experience at the Western Campus of Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) in Parma, Ohio. It had just been built when I started. So I was curious to see how it has withstood the test of time (especially since Cleveland State has demolished several of the buildings that were new when I went there). I also wanted Richard and Lynn to see it.

I am pleased to report that it is in fine shape and as good or better than I remember it. We parked the car and went inside the building, starting in the Theater (for Richard). Then walked through the main area (see picture below). The Student Activities Department, where I worked, has been relocated. The pool is still there (I used to swim during my free time in order to relax).


Afterwards, we drove around trying to find a Salvation Army thrift store that Lynn and my sister, Sharon, had success with during a previous visit. After meandering around, we called and got directions from Grandma Meg. It is at the end of Sprague Road at Pearl Road in Strongsville. We found several Indians t-shirts but the checkout line was atrociously long. Lynn gave up after waiting about 5 minutes without any movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment