Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Winking Lizard & Honey


Having supper with Grandma Meg at the Winking Lizard in Peninsula became something of a tradition for us somehow. I think it began a few years ago when we rented bikes from a place across the parking lot.  I don't think it's that great a place but it has some charm (and a lizard) and it's become a tradition. Because of his braces, Richard was unable to eat the free popcorn.


Although the weather was hot and humid, the air conditioning was so cranked up that Lynn's teeth were chattering. So she moved outside with apologies to a more tolerable environment.

On our way home, I lamented about how I had wanted to visit Honey Hut ice cream in Cleveland. But Lynn remembered that I had taken her there during one of her first trips to ClevO.

My mom announced that there was now a location in Brecksville (the home of the "Bees" - see logo at left). Since it was on our way home, we stopped in for desert. Boy, was that deliciously filling!

Brecksville, Ohio location of Honey Hut Ice Cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment