Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fr Hattie Email Letter


The above letter arrived today via email. Fr. Hattie's last letter arrived in the mail and was printed on a half sheet of paper with text on the opposite side about the terrorist attack on the mall in Nairobi, Kenya in September. Since Father lived in Nairobi for a while (after Uganda) I emailed him about it.

As you can see from the picture of the letter, Father still types his letters and then has them scanned as a jpeg file.  I did a bit of basic tweaking to improve the readability of the file-I think I did a pretty good job so I am not going to transcribe the text in this post. If you want a larger image, click on the picture above (you can also right click to save a copy to your computer). Call me if you need help doing this.

As you will notice as you read Father's letter, a bit of ingenuity is required in order to decipher some of the typos. But you should be able to figure it out based on context.

Links:
http://ricketwrite.blogspot.com/2013/10/back-from-africa-uganda.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westgate_shopping_mall_attack



No comments:

Post a Comment