Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Happy Anniversary

Nine (9) years ago, I began this blog. A birth. Something new for me. My first post was titled "birthing". I was inspired by the blogs written by my nephew and niece. So here I am, a stubborn and (apparently) foolish soul. They have abandoned their blogs and perhaps moved on...to [evil] FB (?).

So far I have written 436 posts over those years. I have dozens more that I intended to write but never got around to doing them. It is a challenge to keep going when your biggest fan is the apathy of others, especially those whom you hold dear. If you can't count on them, then who can you depend on? No one apparently. Eventually, one comes to realize that there is at least the satisfaction of creation. "He saw all that He had made and it was very good."

This blog was intended for others (family), to communicate and bridge the miles. But now no one seems to care about anyone but themselves. They can't be bothered. The attitude is "whatever floats your boat" (i.e., "I don't care about you."). Now it's more important to pose on [evil] FB and gain "friends" and "followers."  No time or inclination for son, brother, cousin, uncle, nephew.

Christmas Eve seemed (then) like an appropriate moment to start a new journey. And so the trek continues. After all, tomorrow is another day.

-----------------------
Links:
http://ricketwrite.blogspot.com/2010/12/birthing.html
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/tomorrow+is+another+day
-----------------------
Written Wednesday 25 December 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment