Friday, April 24, 2020

The Campus is Closed

Keep Out! This means you!

I like walking through the campus of a nearby state university. At least I did until "they" (our public servants) closed the campus using the excuse of the Covid-19 pandemic (when will the t-shirts be for sale? "Covid-19 World Tour" with a map of the world showing the statistics. Got to hurry because before you know it, it will be time for the Fall tour).

Recently, sandwich board-type signs went up at the primary entrances to the campus. (I can understand no dog walking.) "No unauthorized Entry"? For heavens sake, the school is owned by the public, the taxpayers.

On the plus side, this has got me to explore the neighborhoods adjacent to the campus. 

But what a waste by closing the school grounds. No one is there anyway since school is out. I wonder if it will ever reopen?
--------------------------------
Written Sunday 24 May 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment